Master’s program 2 in Infrastructure and Service Management option Municipal Services Decentralization (MGIS-DSM 2)
The Master’s program Decentralization and Management of Municipal Services (DMMS) aims at training professionals equipped with knowledge and know-how allowing them to be immediately operational in the administrative functions of local authorities (Communes, General Council, Regional Council, etc.). It provides employability in positions such as management collaborator, official representative within local authorities or within public or private organizations.
- Carry out studies of environmental impact;
- Ensure the management of decentralized structures;
- Plan and implement the communal development Plans;
- Mobilize local resources for development;
- Pilot projects of town and country planning policy.
Graduates of this training are expected to take on varied positions within communes, public ministries, NGOs and research departments:
- Director of municipal services
- Secretary General of a Commune
- Communal Project Manager
- Project Manager
- Planning Adviser
- Adviser in local development and decentralization
Entry level and admission conditions
Are admitted to attend this training local elected members, secretaries general of communes, State agents o students holding a
- Master 1 (4-year university degree) in the areas of infrastructure and service management, civil engineering, energy and water, development and environmental management.
- 3-years university degree with a professional experience superior to 3 years in the area of communal management (through accreditation of prior and experiential learning).
Candidates must have knowledge in decentralization, development, management and project. Candidates are selected after consideration of their applications and according to the relevancy of their professional project.
- Degree program: 1 312 000 F CFA / 2 000 €
- Certificate program: 30 000 F CFA (46 €) by credit of Course Unit(s)
For the qualification program, tuitions fees must be paid by the enrolment in a Course Unit (Bachelor or Master) and vary according to weight in credit (ECTS) of this course unit.
For the degree program, a payment schedule in four installments exists to facilitate payment. There are grants, subsidies and credit funding solutions.
The organization of teaching includes four areas of competences (AC) constituted each of two or three Course Units (CU). With a vocational orientation and provided online, the program offers innovative training methods: online forum sessions, phone exchanges with teachers, coaching and personalized follow-up of the learner.
At the beginning of the training, learners benefit from a familiarization training session of the platform provided by the tutor. Learning supports are accessible on the platform; most of them can be downloaded. The evaluation mode includes training assessments (without grade), summative evaluations (with grade) and graduation works. Two studies cycles are offered to the learners:
- Degree program: the learner enrolls to follow the whole program continuously. The training takes place in 12 months and ends with the award of a degree. In case of resit session, the training can last between 14 and 16 months. In case of personnel or professional requirements, the learner, who choses this cycle can hold his/her training and restart it according to his/her availability, with a total time limit of 24 months.
- Certificate program: the learner builds him/herself his/her training process. He attends according to his rhythm, availability, needs and elements that he/she wishes to study. He/she can choose to attend classes linked to an Area of Competence (AC), or a Course Unit (CU). An AC is composed of several CU; the validation of an AC is awarded by a certificate, the validation of a CU is awarded by an attestation. The validation of the whole AC or CU enables the award of the degree.
Two exam sessions are organized. The graduation works validate the theoretical learning and enable to assess the analysis and composition capacity of the learner. To validate his/her degree, the learner must have a minimal average of 12/20.
Professionals already in office have got the choice to carry out their graduation dissertation within their own job structure or in any other organization involved in the sector linked to the training area. The project or report deals with a theme closely related to the training and the acquired experience in a professional environment.
The organization of teaching includes five Areas of Competence (AC), constituted by nine Course Units (CU) with professional objectives, including each Course Modules (CM). The training content is made up of fundamental classes and advanced training program focused on:
- Management of decentralized structures
- Local authorities means of actions
- Local development
- Relationships among local authorities
- Tools for spatial and environmental management
- Urban management
- Pilot project of town and country planning
- Urban and landscape planning
- Research methodology
- Graduation project
Each course unit is subdivided into modules, such as the optimization of the street lighting network, the integration of green spaces within the urban landscape or sanitation.
To enroll and follow up your file, please check our online registration platform.