Master’s Program 2 Management of Infrastructures and Services, option road networks and transport (MGIS-RRT 2)
The sectors of Civil Engineering and Transport represent a significant demand in the management, realization, maintenance and follow-up. This Master’s Program in Management of Infrastructures and Services is conceived to meet this demand with a global approach, which takes into account risks, security, the legal framework and also economic and environmental interactions.
To allow learners to acquire technical and managerial competences in the management, conception, realization maintenance, rehabilitation of engineering works in the areas of civil engineering and transport.
- Conduct the road network developments;
- Structure the road, transport and traffic networks;
- Ensure the risk management and road incidents and transport;
- Apply the regulation and norms in roads and transport.
Managerial and entrepreneurial Competences
- Elaborate a strategical plan
- Elaborate a project and a fundraising dossier
- Manage road disputes
- Manage a project team
- Ensure the administrative and financial follow up of a engineering construction site
- Conduct a business negotiation
- Private sector: multinational, SME, consulting firm, research department, banks, transport societies
- International Organisms: international agencies, development aid agencies, etc.
- Public Sector: central administrations, local authorities, execution agencies.
Graduates of this training program are expected to to take on positions of Director, Director adviser, head of studies and innovation, head of road and transport networks, management controller in companies and organizations mentioned above, chief of control mission, manager of a road network.
Entry level and admission requirements
The training program is accessible to:
- Professionals who have a 4-year university degree in management or equivalent degree;
- Professionals who have a 3-year university degree completed by a professional experience of at least 3 years as an executive in the area of training. (Accreditation of prior and experiential learning). This selection is upon consideration of the applications.
- Students who hold a minimum 5-year university degree in all areas.
Candidates must have knowledge in project management, civil engineering, energy , water and computer sciences. The selection is upon consideration of the applications , based on the required level and documents.
- Degree program: 1 312 000 F CFA / 2 000 €
- Certificate program : 30.000 F CFA (46 €) by credit of Course Unit (s) (CU)
For the degree program, a payment in four installments is offered in order to facilitate payment. There are grants, subsidies and credit funding solutions.
For the certificate program, tuitions fees must be paid by the enrolment in a course unit (bachelor’s or Master’s program) and vary according to weigh in ECTS.
The organization of teaching includes four areas of competences (AC) constituted each of two or three Course Units (CU). With a vocational orientation and provided online, the program offers innovative training methods: online forum sessions, phone exchanges with teachers, coaching and personalized follow-up of the learner.
At the beginning of the training, learners benefit from a familiarization training session of the platform provided by the tutor. Learning supports are accessible on the platform; most of them can be downloaded. The evaluation mode includes training assessments (without grade), summative evaluations (with grade) and graduation works. Two studies cycles are offered to the learners:
- Degree program: the learner enrolls to follow the whole program continuously. The training takes place in 12 months and ends with the award of a degree. In case of resit session, the training can last between 14 and 16 months. In case of personnel or professional requirements, the learner, who choses this cycle can hold his/her training and restart it according to his/her availability, with a total time limit of 24 months.
- Certificate program: the learner builds him/herself his/her training process. He attends according to his rhythm, availability, needs and elements that he/she wishes to study. He/she can choose to attend classes linked to an Area of Competence (AC), or a Course Unit (CU). An AC is composed of several CU; the validation of an AC is awarded by a certificate, the validation of a CU is awarded by an attestation. The validation of the whole AC or CU enables the award of the degree.
Two exam sessions are organized. The graduation works validate the theoretical learning and enable to assess the analysis and composition capacity of the learner. To validate his/her degree, the learner must have a minimal average of 12/20.
Professionals already in office have got the choice to carry out their graduation dissertation within their own job structure or in any other organization involved in the sector linked to the training area. The project or report deals with a theme closely related to the training and the acquired experience in a professional environment.
The organization of teaching includes five Areas of Competence (AC), constituted by eight Course Units (CU), including each Course Modules (CM) with vocational orientation. The content of the fundamental and specialization classes is focused on:
- Piloting of developments
- Road maintenance
- Transport Modeling
- Goods Transport
- Risk and road incident management
- Risk and transport incident management
- Management of road disputes
- Management of transport disputes
- Research Methodology
- Graduation work drafting
Each Course Unit is subdivided into modules, such as road risk and security, pavement pathology and maintenance, civil engineering material.
To enroll and follow up your file, please check our online registration platform.