Master’s program 2 Management of Infrastructures and Services, option contracting owner (MGIS-MO 2)
Sectors of Building, Civil Engineering, Transport and Hydraulic network represent a significant demand in management, realization, management, and support to the contracting owner. This Master’s program in Management of Infrastructures and Services is conceived to meet this demand with a global approach, taking into account risks, security, legal framework and also economic and environmental interactions.
It provides learners with technical and managerial competences in management, conception, realization, maintenance and rehabilitation of works in the areas of Building, civil engineering, infrastructures and hydraulic networks.
- Evaluate and validate infrastructures technical studies
- Pilot and coordinate activities to carry out works.
- Manage the whole activities of a works contract.
- Ensure technical operations of works verification and reception.
Managerial and entrepreneurial Competences
- Elaborate a business plan/ development of a company
- Elaborate a strategical plan
- Elaborate a project and a fundraising dossier
- Draft a dossier to submit to markets.
- Carry out a financial analysis for an investment decision-making process.
- Manage a project team
- Ensure the administrative and financial follow up of a work construction site.
- Lead a business negotiation.
- Private sector: multinationals, SME, consulting firms, research department, banks, transport society.
- International Organisms: international agencies, development aid agencies, etc.
- Public sector: central administrations, local authorities, execution agencies.
Graduates of this program are expected to take on positions such as manager, manager advisor, studies and innovation manager, planning manager, controller, in companies and organizations mentioned above, head of control mission.
Entry level and admission conditions
The training is accessible to:
- Professionals with a minimum 4-year university degree in management or equivalent degree.
- Professionals with a 3-year university degree completed with a minimum 3-year professional experience as an executive in the area of training. (Accreditation of prior and experiential learning). This selection will be upon consideration of the applications.
- Students who hold a minimum 5-year university degree in all areas.
Candidates must have knowledge in projects management, civil engineering, energy, water and computer sciences. Candidates are selected upon consideration of their application provided they have the required level and the required documents.
- Degree program: 1 312 000 F CFA / 2 000 €
- Certificate program: 30 000 F CFA (46 €) by credit of Course Unit (CU).
For the degree program, a payment schedule in four installments exists to facilitate payment. There are grants, subsidies and credit funding solutions.
For the certificate program, tuitions fees must be paid by the enrolment in a Course Unit. (Bachelor or Master’s program) and according to the weigh in credits ECTS.
The organization of teaching includes four Areas of Competences (AC) constituted each of two or three Course Units (CU). With a vocational orientation and provided online, the program offers innovative training methods: online forum sessions, phone exchanges with teachers, coaching and personalized follow-up of the learner.
At the beginning of the training, learners benefit from a familiarization training session of the platform provided by the tutor. Learning supports are accessible on the platform; most of them can be downloaded. The evaluation mode includes training assessments (without grade), summative evaluations (with grade) and graduation works. Two studies cycles are offered to the learners:
- Degree program: the learner enrolls to follow the whole program continuously. The training takes place in 12 months and ends with the award of a degree. In case of re-sit session, the training can last between 14 and 16 months.
In case of personnel or professional requirements, the learner, who choses this cycle can hold his/her training and restart it according to his/her availability, with a total time limit of 24 months.
- Certificate program: the learner builds his/herself in his/her training process. He attends according to his rhythm, availability, needs and elements that he/she wishes to study. He/she can choose to attend classes linked to an Area of Competence. (AC), or a Course Unit (CU). An AC is composed of several CU; the validation of an AC is awarded by a certificate, the validation of a CU is awarded by an attestation. The validation of the whole AC or CU enables the award of the degree.
Two exam sessions are organized. The graduation works validate the theoretical learning and enables the learner to assess his/her analysis and composition capacity. To validate his/her degree, the learner must have a minimal average of 12/20.
Professionals already in office jobs have got the choice to carry out their graduation dissertation within their own job structure or in any other organization involved in the sector linked to the training area. The project or report deals with a theme closely related to the Bachelor training and the acquired experience in a professional environment.
The organization of teaching includes five Areas of Competence (AC), constituted by eight Course Units (CU) with professional objectives, including Course Modules (CM). The training content includes fundamental and specialization classes focused on:
- Evaluation project opportunities studies
- Evaluation of feasibility
- Procurement process
- Administrative, budget and legal management of works
- Construction site management
- Follow-up of the works execution
- Operations previous to the reception
- Works reception
- Research Methodology
- Graduation work drafting
Each Competence area is subdivided into CU and modules, such as offers analysis, risk management, legal follow up.
To enroll and follow up your file, please check our online registration platform.