Master’s program 1 Management of Infrastructures and Services (MGIS 1)
Boosted by the demographic boom and urbanization, the sectors of building and civil engineering, as well as Public Transport experience a strong growth in Africa: between 12 and 15% on average per year. To support their development, they need a staff equipped with technical skills as well as administrative and managerial skills. However training programs often fail to take into those aspects, which are essential to the management of projects and services.
As a continuation of the Bachelor’s program, the Master’s program in Management of Infrastructures and Services allows to train polyvalent engineer executives. It provides them on top of their technical competences:
- Managerial knowledge and practices
- Competences in management of risk, security, legal framework, economic and environmental interactions.
The validation of the 1st training year allows the access to the Master’s program 2 in Management of Infrastructures and services.
The Master’s program MIS enable the acquisition of the following competences:
- Manage project
- Create and manage a company
- Ensure an advise support for energy savings
- Assess and manage the project of infrastructure deconstruction
- Ensure an advice support in water governance.
- Follow up the implementation of AEP systems and technologies and liquid sanitation.
- Enrolment in the Master’s program 2 Management of Infrastructures and Services and specialization in one of the offered option.
- Entry into the labor market in positions of Civil Engineer, Technician or Controller.
Entry level and admission conditions
Are admitted to attend this training, students who hold a:
- 3-year university degree in the area of civil engineering, water and energy.
- 2-year university degree with a professional experience superior to 3 years in the position of a civil engineer, technician or controller (upon accreditation of prior and experiential learning).
Candidates must have knowledge in project management, civil engineering, energy, water and computer sciences. Learners are selected upon their applications, according to their level of intial training and the relevancy of their professional projects.
- Degree program: 1 312 000 F CFA / 2 000 €
- Certificate program: 30 000 F CFA (46 €) by credit of Teaching Unit(s) (CU)
For the degree program, a payment in four installments is offered in order to facilitate payment. There are grants, subsidies and credit funding solutions.
For the certificate program, tuitions fees must be paid by the enrolment in a course unit (bachelor’s or Master’s program) and vary according to weigh in ECTS.
The organization of teaching includes four areas of competences (AC) constituted each of two or three Course Units (CU). With a vocational orientation and provided online, the program offers innovative training methods: online forum sessions, phone exchanges with teachers, coaching and personalized follow-up of the learner.
At the beginning of the training, learners benefit from a familiarization training session of the platform provided by the tutor. Learning supports are accessible on the platform; most of them can be downloaded. The evaluation mode includes training assessments (without grade), summative evaluations (with grade) and graduation works. Two studies cycles are offered to the learners:
- Degree program: the learner enrolls to follow the whole program continuously. The training takes place in 12 months and ends with the award of a degree. In case of resit session, the training can last between 14 and 16 months. In case of personnel or professional requirements, the learner, who choses this cycle can hold his/her training and restart it according to his/her availability, with a total time limit of 24 months.
- Certificate program: the learner builds him/herself his/her training process. He attends according to his rhythm, availability, needs and elements that he/she wishes to study. He/she can choose to attend classes linked to an area of competence. (AC), or a Course Unit (CU). An AC is composed of several CU; the validation of an AC is awarded by a certificate, the validation of a CU is awarded by an attestation. The validation of the whole AC or CU enables the award of the degree.
Two exam sessions are organized. The graduation works validate the theoretical learning and enable to assess the analysis and composition capacity of the learner. To validate his/her degree, the learner must have a minimal average of 12/20.
Professionals already in office have got the choice to carry out their graduation dissertation within their own job structure or in any other organization involved in the sector linked to the training area. The project or report deals with a theme closely related to the training and the acquired experience in a professional environment.
The organization of teaching includes 7 Areas of Competence (AC), constituted by nine Course Units (CU), including each Course Modules (CM). Details of the course units are as follows:
- Introduction to energy efficiency (50 hours, 5 credits)
- Legal and energy accountancy tools of energy (50 hours, 5 credits)
- Project management
- Energy savings
- Management infrastructures deconstruction
- Water governance
- AEP systems and technologies and sanitation
- Drafting of a diagnostic report.
Each training unit is subdivided in modules such as optimization of the energy invoice, waste valorization, accountancy etc.
To enroll and follow up your file, please check our online registration platform.