Master 2 Companies and Organization Management – Option: Strategic and Operational Management (MMEO-MSO 2)
Facing the new constraints of the business world: increased competition, social and economic paradigm changes, reversal of the age pyramid or abandoning of the former values frame of references… The executive and supervising staff is led to a rethinking of its management methods. Its role has shifted from a “mechanic-engineer“ within a pyramidal hierarchical organization to the role of a “facilitator” within organizations with varied models. Manager or business leaders now guaranty the respect of processes and create a climate favorable to the business success: human resources management, optimization of work, load management schedules, administration, employees training etc.
To meet his need, the COM Master’s program aims at training executives and high-level specialists in organizations management.
- Formulate a strategy of research development
- Carry out a research – action
- Formulate an innovation strategy
- Elaborate the strategic orientation plan of an organization
- Pilot the implementation of an organization strategy
- Manage a work team
- Manage resources and activities
Develop the quality approach in an organization
Graduates of this training are expected to take on varied positions within multinationals, SME, consulting firms, research department, banks, international agencies, development aid agencies, central administrations, local authorities and execution agencies, such as :
- Head of studies and innovation
- Head of planning
- Management controller
Entry level and admission requirements :
The training is accessible to professionals who hold a:
- 4-year management degree or an equivalent degree.
- 3-year university degree, completed with a professional experience with a minimum length of 3 years as executive in the area of training (by Accreditation of prior and experiential learning), upon consideration of the forms.
- Students who hold a 5-year university degree (DEA, Engineer, etc.).
Students are selected on consideration of their applications, according to their initial training level and the relevance of their professional project.
Teaching Modalities :
- Degree program: 1 312 000 F CFA / 2 000 €
- Qualification program: 30 000 F CFA (46 €) by credit of Course Unit(s)
For the qualification program, tuitions fees must be paid by the enrolment in a Course Unit (Bachelor or Master) and vary according to weigh in credit of this course unit.
The organization of teaching includes four to five areas of competences (AC) constituted each of two or three course units (CU). With a vocational orientation and provided online, the program offers innovative training methods: online forum sessions, phone exchanges with teachers, coaching and personalized follow-up of the learner.
At the beginning of the training, learners benefit from a familiarization training session of the platform provided by the tutor. Learning supports are accessible on the platform; most of them can be downloaded. The evaluation mode includes training assessments (without grade), summative evaluations (with grade) and graduation works. Two studies cycles are offered to the learners:
- Degree program: the learner enrolls to follow the whole program continuously. The training takes place in 12 months and ends with the award of a Degree. In case of re-sit session, the training can last between 14 and 16 months. In case of personnel or professional requirements, the learner, who choses this cycle can hold his/her training and restart it according to his/her availability, with a total time limit of 24 months.
- Certificate program: the learner builds his/herself in his/her training process. He attends according to his rhythm, availability, needs and elements that he/she wishes to study. He/she can choose to attend classes linked to an Area of Competence (AC), or a Course Unit (CU). An AC is composed of several CU; the validation of an AC is awarded by a certificate, the validation of a CU is awarded by an attestation. The validation of the whole AC or CU enables the award of the degree.
Two exam sessions are organized. The graduation works validate the theoretical learning and enables the learner to assess his/her analysis and composition capacity. To validate his/her degree, the learner must have a minimal average of 12/20.
Professionals already in office jobs have got the choice to carry out their graduation dissertation within their own job structure or in any other organization involved in the sector linked to the training area. The project or report deals with a theme closely related to the training and the acquired experience in a professional environment.
The organization of teaching includes five Areas of Competence (AC), constituted by 8 Course Units (CU) with professional objectives, each of them including Course Modules (CM). The training content includes fundamental and specialization courses. Details of the CU are as follows:
- Innovation strategy
- Management focused on results (40 h, 4 credits)
- Elaboration of a strategic orientation (80 hours, 8 credits)
- Piloting the implementation of the strategic orientation plan
- Strategic control
- Resources and activities management
- Research methodology
- Graduation project
Each course unit is subdivided in modules, such as management, financial diagnostic and business plan.
To enroll and follow up your file, please check our online registration platform.