Master 2 Companies and Organization Management option Management of crises and Humanitarian Actions (MMEO-MAH 2)
International organizations and NGOs are deeply involved in the resolution of crises brought about by natural catastrophes or armed conflicts. To carry out those missions, they need qualified managers able to manage a project in situation of humanitarian crisis.
- Propose, plan and implement an emergency intervention.
- Manage humanitarian projects, not only in technical terms, but also as far as finances, logistics, security and communication are concerned.
- Adapt interventions to a specific socio-cultural environment.
Graduates of this training are expected to take on various positions within humanitarian organizations, development projects and non-governmental organizations.
- Program Manager
- Manager/ coordinator of humanitarian projects
- Coordinator/ head of project development
Entry level and admission requirements :
To be admitted to attend the training, students holding a
- Master (4-year university degree) in areas linked to humanitarian aspects (health, water/hygiene/sanitation, logistics, etc.) or a management school.
- 3-year university degree completed by a minimum experience of 3 years in organization management. (by Accreditation of prior and experiential learning). Upon consideration of forms.
Candidates must justify knowledge in management and project. Candidates are selected based on consideration of their applications according to the required level and documents.
Teaching modalities :
- Degree program: 1 312 000 F CFA / 2 000 €
- Qualification program: 30 000 F CFA (46 €) by credit of Course Unit(s) (CU)
For the qualification program, tuitions fees must be paid by the enrolment in a Course Unit (Bachelor or Master) and vary according to weight in credit of this course unit.
The organization of teaching includes four Areas of Competences (AC) constituted each of two or three Course Units (CU). With a vocational orientation and provided online, the program offers innovative training methods : online forum sessions, phone exchanges with teachers, coaching and personalized follow-up of the learner.
At the beginning of the training, learners benefit from a familiarization training session of the platform provided by the tutor. Learning supports are accessible on the platform; most of them can be downloaded. The evaluation mode includes training assessments (without grade), summative evaluations (with grade) and graduation works. Two studies cycles are offered to the learners:
- Degree program : the learner enrolls to follow the whole program continuously. The training takes place in 12 months and ends with the award of a degree. In case of re-sit session, the training can last between 14 and 16 months.
In case of personnel or professional requirements, the learner, who choses this cycle can hold his/her training and restart it according to his/her availability, with a total time limit of 24 months.
- Certificate program : the learner builds his/herself in his/her training process. He attends according to his rhythm, availability, needs and elements that he/she wishes to study. He/she can choose to attend classes linked to an Area of Competence. (AC), or a Course Unit (CU). An AC is composed of several CU; the validation of an AC is awarded by a certificate, the validation of a CU is awarded by an attestation. The validation of the whole AC or CU enables the award of the degree.
Two exam sessions are organized. The graduation works validate the theoretical learning and enables the learner to assess his/her analysis and composition capacity. To validate his/her degree, the learner must have a minimal average of 12/20.
Professionals already in office jobs have got the choice to carry out their graduation dissertation within their own job structure or in any other organization involved in the sector linked to the training area. The project or report deals with a theme closely related to the Bachelor training and the acquired experience in a professional environment.
Program summary :
The organization of teaching includes six (6) Areas of Competence (AC), constituted by nine (9) Course Units (CU) with professional objectives, including Course Modules (CM). The training content includes fundamental and specialization classes focused on:
- Global humanitarian context
- Project management and assessment
- Funding of humanitarian projects
- Work in humanitarian organizations
- Human resources management
- Risks and security
- Communication in crisis situation
- Research methodology
- Graduation project
The training requires a good level of English. An Advanced English module can be offered if necessary.
Each course unit is subdivided in modules, such as crisis communication, risk sociology and monitoring.
To enroll and follow up your file, please check our online registration platform.