Bachelor’s program in Management of Infrastructures and Civil Engineering services (BGIS)
In strong growth, sectors of building and civil engineering works, of transport and hydraulic networks have a significant need in actors equipped with skills in service management (management and maintenance of construction works). Training programs however usually rather focus on technical aspects than learning of service management methods.
The Bachelor’s program in Management of Infrastructures and Services provides a response to this need. It offers a complete approach of the subject, which takes into account risks, security, the legal frame and economic and environmental interactions. It provides superior technicians or professionals working in civil engineering, energy and water, management tools that allow them to carry out project or construction site activities for companies, organizations or authorities.
In close relationships with institutional and economic actors of the sector, the training offers online exchanges with experienced professionals, who offer work placement opportunities or job prospects to learners.
At the end of this training, the student holding a Bachelor’s program in Management of Services will be able to:
- Carry out studies of companies’ consultation files.
- Manage existing networks in the areas of water, sanitation, civil engineering and energy.
- Organize and plan an intervention.
- Follow up and control a civil engineering construction site.
- Create and manage a company.
At the end of this 6 semesters training, the student holding a Bachelor’s program in Water and Environment Engineering has acquired a good level of polyvalence and he/she is operational enough to access positions such as:
- Responsible of works
- Building site leader in charge of follow-up and control of a construction site in public, private and non-governmental organizations. Responsible of a production factory.
The Bachelor’s program in Management of Infrastructures and Civil Engineering, Energy, Water services is open to students holding a:
- Two-year university degree in areas of civil engineering, energy, water and sanitation or equivalent degrees.
- One-year university degree with a professional experience over 3 years in jobs such as construction site leader, in charge of the control and follow-up of a construction site (by Accreditation of prior and experiental learning).
Candidates to this training must justify technical knowledge and skills in civil engineering, water and energy. Knowledge in management is an asset.
- Degree program: 1 312 000 F CFA (2 000 €)
- Certificate program: 30 000 F CFA (46 €) by course unit(s) credit. (CU)
For the degree program, a payment schedule in four installments exists to facilitate payment. There are grants, subsidies and credit funding solutions.
For the certificate program, tuitions fees must be paid by the enrolment in a course unit and vary according to weigh in credit of this course unit.
The organization of teaching includes four to five areas of competences (AC) constituted each of two or three Course Units (CU). With a vocational orientation and provided online, the program offers innovative training methods: online forum sessions, phone exchanges with teachers, coaching and personalized follow-up of the learner.
At the beginning of the training, learners benefit from a familiarization training session of the platform provided by the tutor. Learning supports are accessible on the platform; most of them can be downloaded. The evaluation mode includes training assessments (without grade), summative evaluations (with grade) and graduation works. Two studies cycles are offered to the learners:
- Degree program: the learner enrolls to follow the whole program continuously. The training takes place in 12 months and ends with the award of a Bachelor degree in Enterprise and Organization Management. In case of resit session, the training can last between 14 and 16 months. The cycle counts 600 training hours with 60 credits. In case of personnel or professional requirements, the learner, who choses this cycle can hold his/her training and restart it according to his/her availability, with a total time limit of 24 months.
- Certificate program: the learner builds him/herself his/her training process. He attends according to his rhythm, availability, needs and elements that he/she wishes to study. He/she can choose to attend classes linked to an area of competence. (AC), or a course unit (CU). An AC is composed of several CU; the validation of an AC is awarded by a certificate, the validation of a CU is awarded by an attestation. The validation of the whole AC or CU enables the award of the degree.
Two exam sessions are organized. The graduation works validate the theoretical learning and enable to assess the analysis and composition capacity of the learner. To validate his/her degree, the learner must have a minimal average of 12/20.
Professionals already in office have got the choice to carry out their graduation dissertation within their own job structure or in any other organization involved in the sector linked to the training area. The project or report deals with a theme closely related to the Bachelor’s program and the acquired experience in a professional environment.
The organization of teaching includes five areas of competence (AC), constituted by nine course units (CU) with professional objectives. Details of the areas of competence are as follows:
- Study of the companies consultation files Organization and intervention scheduling (100 hours, 10 credits)
- Follow-up and control of the construction site (140 hours, 14 credits)
- Entrepreneurship (120 hours, 12 credits)
- Professional project (120 hours, 12 credits)
The training program content includes fundamental and professional classes. Each AC is subdivided into CU, which are also cut in modules such as budget follow-up of works, follow-up and control of civil engineering operations, reporting drafting.
To enroll and follow up your file, please check our online registration platform.