Bachelor’s program in Business and Organization Management (BMEO)
Facing the new constraints of the business world: increased competition, social and economic paradigm changes, reversal of the age pyramid or abandon of the former values frame of references… The executive and supervising staff is led to a rethinking of its management methods. Its role has shifted from a “mechanic-engineer“ role within a pyramidal hierarchical organization to the role of a “facilitator” within organizations with varied models. Managers or business leaders now guaranty the respect of processes and create a climate favorable to the business success: human resources management, optimization of work load management schedules, administration, employees training etc.
Created to meet this request, the Bachelor’s program Business and Organization Management is addressed to
- Managers of Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) (PME/PMI), which are willing to improve the performance of their organization.
- Company executives who wish to understand better the new management components.
The Bachelor’s program takes place in one year. It equips students with management tools and techniques in human resources (material and financial). It integrates 60 % of modules conceived by experienced professionals.
- Capacity to manage human resources
- Capacity to manage financial resources
- Capacity to ensure the logistical management
- Capacity to plan activities
- Capacity to implement commercial actions
Graduates of a Bachelor’s program BOM are likely to take on management positions within SME and Non Governmental Organizations:
- Human resources manager,
- Chief Financial Officer,
- Commercial Director,
- Head of Logistics in enterprises etc.
Entry level and admission requirements
The Bachelor’s program Business and Organization Management is open to:
- Students who hold a 2-year university degree in the areas of management
- Student who hold a 1-year university degree with a professional experience superior to 3 years in management (by Accreditation of prior and experiential learning).
Candidates to this training must justify knowledge and skills in general accountancy (recording of accountancy writing, production of financial statements) and financial maths.
They are selected upon consideration of their application forms, according to the level of their initial training and the relevancy of their professional project.
- Degree program: 1 312 000 F CFA / 2 000 €
- Certificate program: 30 000 F CFA (46 €) by credit(s) of course unit(s) (CU).
For the degree program, a payment schedule in four installments exists to facilitate payment. There are grants, subsidies and credit funding solutions.
For the certificate program, tuitions fees must be paid by the enrolment in a course unit and vary according to weigh in credit of this course unit.
The organization of teaching includes four areas of competences (AC) constituted each of two or three course units (CU). With a vocational orientation and provided online, the program offers innovative training methods: online forum sessions, phone exchanges with teachers, coaching and personalized follow-up of the learner.
At the beginning of the training, learners benefit from a familiarization training session of the platform provided by the tutor. Learning supports are accessible on the platform; most of them can be downloaded. The evaluation mode includes training assessments (without grade), summative evaluations (with grade) and graduation works. Two studies cycles are offered to the learners:
- Degree program: the learner enrolls to follow the whole program continuously. The training takes place in 12 months and ends with the award of a Bachelor degree in Business and Organization Management. In case of resit session, the training can last between 14 and 16 months. The cycle counts 600 training hours with 60 credits. In case of personnel or professional requirements, the learner, who choses this cycle can hold on his/her training and restart it according to his/her availability, with a total time limit of 24 months.
- Certificate program: the learner builds him/herself his/her training process. He attends according to his rhythm, availability, needs and elements that he/she wishes to study. He/she can choose to attend classes linked to an area of competence. (AC), or a course unit (CU). An AC is composed of several CU; the validation of an AC is awarded by a certificate, the validation of a CU is awarded by an attestation. The validation of the whole AC or CU enables the award of the degree.
Two exam sessions are organized. The graduation works validate the theoretical learning and enable to assess the analysis and composition capacity of the learner. To validate his/her degree, the learner must have a minimal average of 12/20.
Professionals already in office have got the choice to carry out their graduation dissertation within their own job structure or in any other organization involved in the sector linked to the training area. The project or report deals with a theme closely related to the Bachelor’s program and the acquired experience in a professional environment.
The organization of teaching includes five areas of competence (AC), constituted by nine course units (CU) with professional objectives. Details of the Course Units:
- Organizations nature and evolution (40 H, 4 credits)
- Scheduling (40 H, 4 credits)
- Staff administrative management (60 H, 6 credits)
- Team Management (60 H, 6 credits)
- Accountancy (60 H, 6 credits)
- Financial management (60 H, 6 credits)
- Material Resources Management (40 H, 4 credits)
- Marketing (40 H, 4 credits)
- Report composition methodology (40 H, 4 credits)
- Graduation (40 H, 4 credits)
Each course unit is subdivided into modules, such as enterprise legal and economic environment, reorganization life cycle or introduction, life cycle of an organization or introduction to strategical scheduling.
Enroll and follow up your file, please check our online registration platform.