Benefit from our expertise
The Junior Company is a service-oriented structure. Managed and administered by students, it allows to put theoretical knowledge into practice. Targeted at companies, it offers quality and tailored services in the areas of Water, Civil Engineering and Mines, Environment, Managerial Sciences, Technologies of Information and Communication.
Companies: benefit from quality and tailor-made services
The Junior Company offers quality services at very competitive prices. It enables to benefit from tailored services and with a flexible execution. The quality of services offered is guaranteed by:
- The expertise of the teaching staff, constituted by 2iE’s teachers-researchers or professional speakers, who support students.
- The implementation of Junior consulting teams.
Examples of ongoing projects:
- Bandre Farm: construction of a local irrigation system.
- SHIFRA Clinic: Study of a sewage disposal system, installation of a solar water-heaterd and devices of energy savings.
- Ass. Vievre Lieuvin BO MO RI SA SY : study of resettlement of sea walls.
They trusted us
2iE proposes to the companies, which are interested, to benefit from the expertise of its joint research centers for the implementation of R&D projects. These projects can meet needs in technological, social or economic innovations from professionals or populations of a specific area. Several R&D projects are carried out at present in partnership with 2iE in the areas of eco-habitat, energy, water or environment. They match 2iE’ vision: to build tomorrow’s world. We can name among others:
- Sonichar / 2iE: innovative eco-materials from clinker (from thermal power plants).
- Scatec-Solar: Photovoltaic solar plant of 20 MWc.
- Energy Pool: Electric modulation plant.
- Vergnet Hydro: Technique of low cost arsenic treatment and without energy input.
- Photalia: Solar Electro chlorator to desinfect drinking water
- Total Burkina : installation in Kamboinsé (2iE) technological park of a laboratory container (analysis of lubs and fuels).
After defining the R&D object, an agreement is signed between 2iE and the company, which integrates the technical, organizational, financial and legal aspects. The agreement annexes detail the terms of reference, the planning, the budget, etc.
Contact : email@example.com
The assessment of the carbon footprint is a tool to support decisions. It enables to adjust the company’s strategical choices. It is included within a corporate social responsibility approach: master the environmental impact and meet an economic objective: to cut running costs. Developed according to the Western energetic models, most tools offered are not adapted to the specificities of the African continent. To assess a single item like for instance the energy expenditure, the measure can vary from 1 to 10. To solve this situation, 2iE implemented in 2012 an assessment tool, which is adapted to the international and local companies settled in Africa: The Carbon Identity Card (CIC).
The Carbon Identity Card (CIC), what is it?
The CIC is a tool targeted at companies, which are willing to assess their environmental impact. This tool is:
- Simple: it allows the assessment of the company’s carbon footprint all along its value chain, from the purchase of raw materials to the relationships with customers.
- Innovative: specifically adapted to the African realities.
- The identification of waste sources,
- A sensibilization to the rational use of resources such as electricity and water,
- Manage and boot radical changes within an organization,
- Modify economic models which are not optimized.
- Complementary: which combines sustainable development and economic performances allowing:
How does this tool operate?
- 2iE supports the company in the perimeter definition and the study objectives.
- 2iE ensures training of the teams in the use of the tool.
- Data collection is organized internally.
- The tool allows the extraction of the required results and sets up the CIC of the studied project or company.
The CIC tool has been designed thanks to works carried out by 2iE, in relationship with private partners.