The 2iE-Penn State Joint Centre, which is a center of collaboration between 2iE and Pennsylvania State University, was launched on Friday July 4th 2014 on the 2iE campus in Ouagadougou.
Prof. Michael A. Adewumi, vice-provost of Pennsylvania State University, his colleague who came along with him and Prof. Amadou Hama MAIGA were visibly pleased to meet again after their last get-together in the United States of America and they happily walked side by side to the scientific complex of 2iE. This complex will host the new center of collaboration.
After visiting the scientific complex and presenting on the goals of the center, 2iE’s DG with his board of direction, the laboratories’ directors and the delegation from America got together for an exchange and the signature of the agreement of collaboration between two of the highest level universities in the world. Indeed, Pennsylvania State University is part of the 15 best engineering schools in the United States of America and 2iE is one of the bests of Africa.
A non-exhaustive list of the activities planned for 2iE – Penn State Joint Centre are:
- The promotion of Penn State and 2iE faculty and staff engagement in collaborative programs at 2iE or elsewhere in West Africa;
- The development of semester-long study abroad opportunities for students;
- the development of faculty-led international experiences for undergraduates and the integration of these programs with existing 2iE research and educational programs ;
- the creation of faculty and students exchange programs, seminars and conferences ;
- the development of tailored educational programs around language, history and culture.
A guided tour of the laboratories and other infrastructures of 2iE stated the end of the work day and the beginning of a fruitful collaboration.