The International Institute for Water and Environmental Engineering (2iE) Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso is recruiting a Multimedia Communication Officer. The position is open internationally.
Description of the position
The selected applicant will be under the supervision of the Director of International Relations and Continuing Education.
Her/his tasks will include updating and animating 2iE’s website, developing content for the website using multimedia editing software and writing articles. Her/his duties involve:
- Administrating and updating the website ;
- Ensuring the maintenance and evolution of the website;
- Integrating contents on the website ;
- Defining the architecture and arborescence of new websites to be developed ;
- Piloting necessary IT development actions for the evolution or the maintenance of the websites ;
- Improving the visibility of 2iE on the web through referencing, conception, updating and follow up of documents and digital tools (brochures, flyers, catalogues, illustrations, animations…) for the web ;
- Ensure the permanent watch over the image of 2iE on the web and the social networks ;
- Monitor the websites frequentation and referencing;
- Report on the indicators related to the processes of communications and the website (frequentations, update…);
- Participate in the QMS (Quality Management System);
- Ensure the creation of tools to be printed (leaflets, flyers…)
- Supervise audiovisual productions ;
- Conceive and create documents and digital tools (animations, illustrations, brochures, flyers, catalog…);
- Ensure the creation of interactive multimedia contents CD/DVD PC/MAC ;
- Create and/or integrate every type of contents on CD or VD (videos, executable files, photos, presentations, 3D/2D animations, music 3D objects…)
- Ensure a permanent watch over the 2.0 web: strategy, marketing, usage and practices.
He/she will work in respect with the processes manual.
Profile of the applicant
Profile of the position: The candidate should have at least a 3 years post-secondary degree or a Bachelor’s degree in the fields of IT, multimedia or a related field.
- The candidate must justify a confirmed work experience in the domain of development and website management ;
- A mastery of the IT tools (Excel, Word, etc.).
- The candidate must have knowledge in the following fields :
- Multimedia audiovisual communication ;
- Organizational Communication ;
- intellectual property rights;
- Graphic Arts, graphics (Illustrator, CorelDraw, Photoshop) ;
- Programming (ActionScript, MySQL, Java, Ajax) ;
- Editing (Indesign, QuarkXpress), Webdesign (Flash, Firework, Dreamweaver);
- Video editing and animation 2D and 3D (Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effect, 3DS Max, etc), CD/DVD creation (Adobe Encore) ;
- (CMS) WordPress, Joomla et Drupal ;
- Social networks ;
- PC and Mac Environments;
- Web Application security.
Additionally, he/she should be able to work under pressure and time constraints, have good social aptitudes and be able to work in team. He/she must master clerical IT tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…).
Other capacities: The candidate must show initiative and great responsiveness. He/she must also demonstrate ability to work in team.
Type and length of the contract: Fixed term contract of two (2) years, renewable.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Knowledge of Quality Management System is an asset.
Conditions of employment
The candidate should enjoy his full civic rights and demonstrate the intellectual aptitudes required by the position. He/she must be free of any mental or contagious physical affection.
The tasks entrusted to the Multimedia Communication Officer are subject every year to:
• Definition of the objectives and necessary means as well as scheduling of the actions to lead (at the beginning of the year);
• Activity report at the end of the school year or at the end of a major activity;
• An evaluation interview at the end of the year.
The International Institute for Water and Environmental Engineering reserves the right not to follow up with this call for applications.
Reception of applications is open from the date of publication of this call for applications.
The candidate must be available to start working from February 1st 2017.
Place of work
The incumbent will work at the 2iE office in Burkina Faso. If need be, he/she could effectuate missions in other countries.
Application files and contacts
- A written application addressed to the Director General as a cover letter ;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae displaying professional experiences in the field of website development and management ;
- A certified true copy of diplomas and work and training certificates;
- Names and addresses of two referees.
Applications can be sent by E-mail and/or physically at the 2iE Human Resources Office.
- Pre-selection based on application files ;
The completed file must be sent at the latest January 20th 2017 at 4 p.m. to the Director General of 2iE:
Attention: M. Noufou SANOGO
Director of Humans Resources
Institut International d’Ingénierie de l’Eau et de l’Environnement (2iE)
Rue de la Science, 01 BP 594 Ouagadougou 01, Burkina Faso
Tel: +226 25 49 28 00 /25 49 28 50 Fax: +226 25 49 28 01