The International Institute for Water and Environmental Engineering, 2iE, is recruiting Part-time English language instructors.
2iE is a bilingual, higher education and research institute in the fields of water, energy, environment and civil engineering. It is a Center of Excellence the World Bank, of the West African Economic and Monetary Union, the Economic Community of West African States and New Partnership for Africa’s Development. 2iE’s Engineering Degree (Master of Engineering) is accredited by the Commission Française des Titres d’Ingénieur (French Engineering Title Commission) and the key graduation requirement is a 550 score at the TOEFL (level B2 of the CECRL)
Moreover, 2iE, which was created in the 1960s, is a multi-cultural hub with students from more than 30 countries of which 20% are women. 2iE is committed to training qualified individuals, equipped with entrepreneurial and innovative skills, who are dedicated to supporting African development while taking into account the continent’s gender, linguistic and cultural differences.
2iE has been working in partnership with higher education and research institutions in Africa and offers training programs (Bachelor’s – Master’s – PhD Courses) in conformity with international standards in the engineering fields of Water, Environment, Civil and Energy, mining and Water and Sanitation in Humanitarian situations. The institute has networked with renowned institutes and universities all over the world and has developed research and training programs tailored for African challenges. 2iE’s degrees are accredited by the CTI (French Commission for Engineering Titles) and have been awarded the Eur-Ace label.
Previous work experience:
The applicants are required at least a 5-year-experience in teaching English as a Foreign Language in higher education institutions in general and language centers namely. An experience with TOEFL and/or TOEIC preparation sessions would be an asset.
Application deadline April 15, 2017
Work activities (among others)
- Assessing and continuously monitoring student progress.
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to classes.
- Encouraging students to actively participate throughout class.
- Using a modern and dynamic teaching approach which allows students to communicate easily using the English language.
- Assessing and recording students’ progress by setting and marking coursework and examinations.
- Modeling appropriate English communication for the purpose of developing students’ ability to communicate effectively in the English language
- Preparing teaching materials and related reports (e.g. grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.)
Qualifications and training required
Applicants must have at least a Master’s Degree or above, or a relevant postgraduate qualification in Teaching English as a Foreign Language or related areas a 5-year job related experience. As well as having a good command of English and the relevant qualifications, candidates will need to show evidence of the following:
- a friendly and confident manner;
- good planning and organization skills;
- the ability to work under pressure;
- flexibility and an adaptable teaching style;
- creative skills and ideas for planning practical and interesting lessons;
- effective listening skills;
- sensitivity, tolerance and patience.
Skills and qualities
- Ready for the demands that a new culture and lifestyle will make on you.
- Genuine fascination with language, interest in people, empathy with learners and a lot of creativity.
- Highly conscientious and committed to the highest standards of professional service.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Caring and motivated by the best interests of students.
- Ability to relate well to different groups of learners of different ages and ability levels.
- Team-player who can collaborate with colleagues.
Salary and benefits
Salary and benefits are set in accordance with 2iE’s pay scale adopted by 2iE Foundation board regarding part-time lecturing.
The successful applicants will be submitted to Drawing up a progress report at the end of the session consulting service.
- 1. APPLICATION
Qualified applicants are required to send their application file to 2iE General Director before April 15, 2017 at:
Monsieur le Directeur Général
Institut International d’Ingénierie de l’Eau et de l’Environnement (2iE)
A l’attention de Monsieur Noufou SANOGO
Responsable des Ressources Humaines
01 B.P. 594 OUAGADOUGOU 01
Fax: (226) 50 49 28 01
The application includes:
- 1. An application letter
- 2. A curriculum vitae highlighting the applicant’s previous positions, employment period with starting and ending dates (certified by former employers)
- 3. Copies of higher degrees/certificates
- 5. 2 letters of recommendation from at least 2 referees (name and contacts are required).
- 6. SELECTION PROCESS
Shortlisting process is ensured by a recruitment committee which may ask candidates to provide additional documents.
After selection process has been completed, 2iE Director General will review the proposals and then decide on the successful candidates’ recruitment.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.